WANT TO HEAR MORE?
@barefacedgirl-Amber Weigand-Buckley is founding editor, art director and podcast host for the multi-award-winning Leading Hearts magazine (leadinghearts.com). She has been in the mag-making business for 22 years.
Including the 16 years as editor for ONCOURSE magazine in Assemblies of God Youth Ministries, the publications Weigand-Buckley has served on as editor have garnered a total of 13 Evangelical Press Association Awards. She also was named the 2015 Advanced Writers and Speakers Association Member of the Year (awsa.com).
Her design work has also extended to book covers, web sites and various promotional advertising and promotional materials.
In her full-time she is wife to her Brit-native Philip & mum to 3 inspiring creatives: Saffron (17), Imogen (Moose) (14) & Penelope (10) as well as social media manager & communications support for many authors, non-profits and missionaries.
if you really want to keep reading...
Amber describes her expertise in her ability to extract simple, unexpected beauty from words and ideas as they splat randomly over paper and mold them into a final masterpiece. Putting words to it, she is a creative strategist, project manager, networker, researcher, constant contemplator, writer, poet, storyteller, podcast host as well as an award-winning editor and designer.
With Amber’s vision at the helm of the publications she has served, she has garnered notoriety and wide respect from music/publishing industry insiders, notable Christian professionals, editors and journalists.
Amber is a self-proclaimed social media, music, pop culture and fun stuff junkie, who embraces innovation and the heart of the constant learner. This is accentuated by her love for coffee and wordplay.
She got her foot wet in journalism by serving on her 8th grade paper at Study Junior High and was subsequently introduced to line tape, waxing machines, and proportion wheels while serving on The High Times staff at Central High School in Springfield, Missouri.
She went on to receive her Bachelors in Journalism from Evangel College (University) in Springfield, and a lot has changed since then ...
As the editor for ONCOURSE, the Assemblies of God national youth ministries magazine, Amber guided the Fall 2012 transition from print to its first place in the nation digital eMag format—reaching beyond the Web to access the tablet and smartphone marketplace
She also orchestrated the redesign and presently serves as managing editor and designer for Mission magazine, a publication of Asia Pacific Media (apmedia.org).
Amber is an author with hundreds of published works. These include articles for magazines such as Discipleship Ideas, The Pentecostal Evangel, The Australian Evangel,buddyhollywood.com, Charisma.com, Club Connection, Cornerstone Connection (Central Florida), Enrichment Journal, Sermon Spice, Shine Magazine, Women’s Touch, Spirit (Vanguard University) and Vitality (Natural Health Journal). She has been a contributor to Q&A: Conversations with 50 inspiring people (Pentecostal Evangel Books), What's in the Bible for . . . Teens (Starburst Publishers) and Revolve 2009 (Thomas Nelson). Her work has also extended to writing curriculum and devotional material for Radiant Life (Gospel Publishing House) and Missionettes Girls Only Program, and poetry for Standard Publishing.
Random Stalker Facts...
1. When I was on staff at ONCOURSE magazine, my co-worker Kristi Arnold and I set up a talk show set in the elevator at the Assemblies of God headquarters and interview people as the got on the lift. It was a very short talk show.
2. When I was in second grade at Westport Elementary School (in Springfield), I was sent to the principal's office for stealing mints and scratch-n-sniff stickers from my teacher's desk.
3. During an interview with Stephen Baldwin, I ate a french fry off his lunch plate
(He, did offer).
4. I accidentally washed one of my cats in a front loader, he didn't make it through the spin cycle :(.
5. My big sister Lisa is office manager for Teen Challenge USA. My little sister Lorrie just received her license in cosmetology. My older brother Ken is a master of the web at Digital Monitoring Products and my little bro Dan has built some amazing cars. We all live in a 20-mile radius of our 70ish going on 17 mother—she's got the DNA that crafted this family of mad geniuses.
6. Speaking of mad geniuses, an 8-month period of insomnia writing in which I could not stop hearing rhyming words and "story" in my head ended with a check-in to the local psychiatric ward, where pencil access was "limited." I couldn't help but think, "Is this how Emily Dickenson and Edgar Allen Poe felt? And if so, did anyone ever take away their pencils?"
You can see the reflections in my mental health journey and my challenges of the Bipolar mind on my #sisterhoodoftheshortyellowpencils page #dissolvethestigma
7. My husband, Philip is social media manager for our family ball python, Rick Astley. rickastleytheballpython.com. We've also recently added two more ball pythons Lemony "Lemy" Snicket, Howard "Howie" Jones, a Kenyan Sand Boa named Albee and a Crested Gecko named Locke to our brood.
8. I LOVE The Monkees. And because of the great love of my friend Papa Phil Keaggy who introducing me to Micky's producer, years later I had coffee with my favorite Monkee of
all-time. Seriously, I wanted to be his daughter.
9. I was born in Battle Creek, Michigan, the Breakfast Cereal Capitol of the World.
10. If it wasn't for an Irish Republican Army bomb threat in London, my hubby and I would have never met.
11. All my daughter's names have a connection to Music and Shakespeare. And lined up in meaning from oldest to youngest mean Precious Spice of Wisdom, Light of Truth, Faithful Weaver of Grace.
12. All things Python and Dr. Who...this pretty much says it.
the weigand-buckley crew
my co-creative & comedy
& yes, he does have an accent
BTW if you are ever in Springfield, Missouri,you'll probably find us at our fave double-decker bus of a food truck, London Calling Pasty Company. Their pasties are even more delicious than ones we've eaten in Britain (and we've had some pretty awesome ones on the other side of the pond.) Check them out.
Do you need an honest bare-bones approach to launching you to the next level in publishing or music career or ministry calling?
Whether you need assistance in branding and image coaching, media kit development, social media, project promotion, advertising, book design, layout and illustration, Philip, Amber and the @barefacedcreative media team, with over 22 years experience in the publishing and promotions industry is here to help.
God Sends Me Angels
Tom & Dorcas Young
When you have people in your life that just love you and support you for no more than that, there is no doubt in my mind, that angels are among us.
Tom and Dorcas have been my second parents since my days serving in National Youth Ministries. They are such talented thespians with a heart for seeing their big love for Jesus and the arts collide into something amazing.
Now that these retirees have left their regular paychecks behind to pursue a life of full-time evangelism, Tom is my faithful copyeditor for everything that comes to my hands, just because he wants me to take great joy in doing what I do best, throwing word paint on the walls. And he is always there for the clean up.
Love you guys!